There are a few things you can try if your Tesla charging port is not opening:
- Make sure the car is unlocked. The charging port will not open if the car is locked.
- Try opening the charging port from the touchscreen. Touch the Controls icon, then touch Charging, and then touch the Open Charge Port button.
- Try opening the charging port from the Tesla mobile app. Open the app and tap the Charging icon, then tap the Open Charge Port button.
- Try pressing the button on the charging cable handle.
- Try pressing and holding the rear trunk button on the key fob for 1-2 seconds.
- If none of the above methods work, you can try manually opening the charging port. To do this, open the rear trunk and locate the manual release lever on the left side of the trunk. Press and hold the lever towards the front of the car to unlatch the charge cable.
If you are still unable to open the charging port, you will need to contact Tesla customer support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting a Tesla charging port that is not opening:
- Make sure that the charging port is not frozen. If it is, you can try defrosting it using the Tesla mobile app or by using a hair dryer.
- Make sure that the charging port is not damaged. If it is, you will need to take the car to a Tesla service center for repair.
- Try using a different charging cable. If the charging port opens with a different cable, then the problem is likely with the original cable.
If you have tried all of the above and the charging port is still not opening, then you will need to contact Tesla customer support for further assistance.