There are a few reasons why your Tesla wipers might not turn off. Here are some of the most common causes:
- The wipers are stuck. If the wipers are stuck, they may not turn off even when you press the button. This can be caused by a mechanical problem with the wipers or by a software problem.
- The wipers are on auto mode. If the wipers are on auto mode, they will continue to run even when the windshield is dry. This can be caused by a problem with the rain sensor or by a software problem.
- The wipers are turned on by a third party accessory. Some third party accessories, such as dashcams, can turn on the wipers automatically. If you have recently installed a new accessory, it may be the cause of the problem.
If your Tesla wipers won’t turn off, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check the wipers for damage. If the wipers are damaged, they may not be able to turn off properly.
- Try turning the wipers off manually. If the wipers are stuck, you may be able to turn them off manually by pressing down on the wiper arm.
- Turn off auto mode. If the wipers are on auto mode, turn off auto mode by pressing the wiper button until the icon turns off.
- Reset the software. If you have tried all of the above steps and the wipers are still not turning off, you can try resetting the software by holding down the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel for 10 seconds.
If you have tried all of the above steps and your Tesla wipers are still not turning off, you will need to take your car to a Tesla service center for further diagnosis and repair.
Here are some additional tips to help prevent your Tesla wipers from malfunctioning:
- Keep the wipers clean. A dirty windshield can interfere with the rain sensor, which can cause the wipers to turn on even when the windshield is dry.
- Avoid using the wipers in extreme temperatures. The wipers can be damaged if they are used in extreme temperatures.
- If you notice any problems with your Tesla wipers, such as strange noises or a decrease in wiping effectiveness, have them checked out by a Tesla service center as soon as possible. Early diagnosis and repair can help to prevent more serious problems from occurring.