The Tesla Mobile Connector is weather-resistant, but it is not waterproof. This means that it can withstand rain, snow, and minor splashes, but it should not be submerged in water. The Mobile Connector manual specifically warns against using the charger in severe rain, snow, electrical storms, or other inclement weather.
If you are going to be charging your Tesla in the rain, it is best to take a few precautions to protect the Mobile Connector.
First, make sure that the electrical outlet you are using is protected from the elements. You can do this by using an outdoor outlet cover or by plugging the Mobile Connector into an outlet that is located under an awning or eaves.
Second, keep the Mobile Connector itself dry. You can do this by using a weatherproof bag or by covering it with a tarp. If it does rain, be sure to wipe down the Mobile Connector with a dry cloth as soon as possible.
Finally, avoid using the Mobile Connector if it is visibly wet. If the cable is dripping or the connector itself is wet, it is best to wait until it dries completely before using it.
By following these precautions, you can help to ensure that your Tesla Mobile Connector will last for many years to come.
Here are some additional tips for using the Tesla Mobile Connector in the rain:
- If possible, charge your Tesla in a garage or other covered area.
- If you must charge your Tesla outside, choose a location that is sheltered from the rain.
- Use a weatherproof bag or tarp to protect the Mobile Connector from the elements.
- Wipe down the Mobile Connector with a dry cloth after each use.
- Avoid using the Mobile Connector if it is visibly wet.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your Tesla Mobile Connector in good condition and extend its lifespan.