The three orange lines on the Tesla app mean that your car system is preconditioning the High Voltage (HV) battery to the desired temperature, given the current outside temperature and climate conditions. This is done to improve the efficiency of the battery and to ensure that it is ready to drive when you need it.
The preconditioning process can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour, depending on the outside temperature and the desired battery temperature. During this time, the battery will heat up or cool down as needed.
The three orange lines will disappear once the preconditioning process is complete.
Here are some of the benefits of preconditioning your Tesla’s battery:
- It can improve the efficiency of the battery, which can extend its range.
- It can help to prevent the battery from getting too cold or too hot, which can damage it.
- It can ensure that the battery is ready to drive when you need it, even in cold weather.
If you live in a cold climate, it is especially important to precondition your Tesla’s battery before driving. This will help to prevent the battery from getting too cold, which can reduce its range and overall performance.
To precondition your Tesla’s battery, you can do the following:
- Open the Tesla app and tap on the car icon.
- Tap on the Charging tab.
- Under the “Battery Preconditioning” section, tap on the “Start” button.
The battery preconditioning process will start immediately. You can track the progress of the process by watching the orange lines on the app.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.