There are a few reasons why your Tesla climate control might be turning on randomly.
- You have the Keep Climate On setting enabled. This setting will keep the climate control running even after you’ve left the car, so that the interior doesn’t get too hot or cold. To disable this setting, go to Controls > Climate > Keep Climate On and toggle the setting off.
- You have the Dog Mode setting enabled. This setting will keep the climate control running and the windows slightly cracked, so that your dog doesn’t get too hot or cold while you’re away from the car. To disable this setting, go to Controls > Climate > Dog Mode and toggle the setting off.
- There is a problem with the climate control system. If you’ve tried disabling the Keep Climate On and Dog Mode settings and your climate control is still turning on randomly, there might be a problem with the system itself. In this case, you’ll need to take your car to a Tesla service center to have it diagnosed.
Here are the steps on how to turn off Auto climate control on a Tesla:
- Open the climate control settings on the touchscreen.
- Touch the Auto button.
- The Auto button will turn gray, indicating that Auto climate control is turned off.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting Tesla climate control problems:
- Check the climate control settings to make sure that they are correct.
- Make sure that the climate control system is clean and free of debris.
- Reset the climate control system by turning it off and then back on.
- If you’re still having problems, take your car to a Tesla service center to have it diagnosed.