A Tesla charger blinking red 4 times indicates that there is a communication error between the charger and the Tesla vehicle. This can happen for a few reasons, such as:
- The charger is not properly connected to the Tesla vehicle.
- The charger is not properly connected to the electrical outlet.
- The Tesla vehicle is not properly connected to the internet.
- There is a problem with the Tesla vehicle’s charging system.
To fix this problem, you can try the following:
- Make sure that the charger is properly connected to the Tesla vehicle and the electrical outlet.
- Check the Tesla vehicle’s internet connection.
- Restart the Tesla vehicle.
- Reset the charger. To do this, unplug the charger from the Tesla vehicle and the electrical outlet, and then wait for 5 seconds. Then, plug the charger back in.
If the charger is still blinking red after you have tried all of the above, then you may need to contact Tesla customer support for further assistance.
Here are some additional tips to prevent your Tesla charger from blinking red:
- Make sure that the charger is properly installed and grounded.
- Avoid using extension cords.
- Do not overload the circuit that the charger is connected to.
- Keep the charger clean and free of debris.
I hope this helps!