There are a few reasons why the Tesla app might not be showing charge stats. Here are some things to check:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Tesla app. You can check the version number by opening the app and tapping on the profile picture icon in the top-right corner. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and you will see the app version number.
- Make sure your Tesla is connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data. The Tesla app needs to be able to communicate with your car in order to show charge stats.
- Make sure your Tesla’s software is up to date. You can check the software version by opening the Tesla app and tapping on the car icon in the bottom-left corner. Then, tap on “Software”. The software version number will be displayed at the top of the screen.
- Check your Data Sharing settings in the Tesla app. To do this, open the app and tap on the profile picture icon in the top-right corner. Then, tap on “Settings” and scroll down to the “Data Sharing” section. Make sure that the “Charging” option is turned on.
If you have checked all of these things and the Tesla app is still not showing charge stats, you can try restarting your Tesla and the app. You can also try contacting Tesla support for help.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- Charge stats may not be available if your Tesla is not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- Charge stats may not be available if your Tesla’s software is not up to date.
- Charge stats may not be available if you have turned off Data Sharing in the Tesla app.
I hope this helps!