If your Tesla’s battery is dead, you can still open the charge port using the manual release mechanism. Here are the steps on how to do it:
- Locate the manual release button on the charge port door. It is a small, black button located at the bottom of the door.
- Press and hold the manual release button for 5 seconds.
- The charge port door will open.
Once the charge port door is open, you can plug in the charging cable and start charging your Tesla.
Here are some safety precautions to keep in mind when opening the charge port of a dead Tesla:
- Do not open the charge port door if the car is still in drive or reverse.
- Do not touch the exposed electrical connectors inside the charge port.
- Be careful not to drop the charging cable into the charge port.
If you are unable to open the charge port using the manual release mechanism, you can contact Tesla roadside assistance for help.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- The manual release mechanism is only available on Tesla models with a rear-mounted charge port.
- The manual release mechanism may not work if the charge port door is frozen or obstructed.
I hope this helps!